Tuesday, June 9, 2009

hymning and hawing

well my wife and I have decided that we don't like northern ontaro as much as we thought. Well let me rephrase that; We like northern ontario, it is stunningly beautiful. the shore of lake superior always draws my stare as i ride my bike to work. The rock that seems to just thrust itself out from the mossy earth is really amazing. the fresh air and the bird song are so foreign to me.
I grew up in a city with a population of 200,000, the town i live in now has about 1,200 people. Dont get me wrong i love this place, it's just hard to make a living here. There are about 800 people here that are on EI. that means that any good jobs that open up are attacked feverishly. i wonder what we are going to do when my wife's maternity leave runs out. our in come will drop by 50%. and life is only getting more and more costly. My son needs clothes I need clothes and so does my wife. I own my home and think that i am going to be stuck with it for a while. that means that i will have to pay the power and property tax on it. I think that for the sake of my family i have to try to move and if i own a house that i don't live in then i guess thats the way the cookie crumbles. hmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment